One of our commitments as a church is to challenge young people in their Christian faith, to encourage them to serve Christ actively and to welcome them into the life of our congregation as participating members.
Here is how we are committed to encouraging teens.
Believing that youth represent not only the future of the church, but that they are also fully part of its present, Immanuel Presbyterian Church seeks to create a Christian community in which youth can:
- develop an identity, as individuals and as members of the Christian community, that is rooted in Christ
- mature in Christ--spiritually, emotionally, intellectually
- have the freedom in a safe and caring environment, to honestly express their faith commitments, their questions, doubts, disagreements, and fears
- participate in the full life of the church
- learn to live out their faith in Christ by uniting and doing good works in order to proclaim the gospel both near and far; and
- develop life skills and attitudes that will encourage them to fully mature as disciples of Christ.
Immanuel's youth program operates at two levels, senior high (grades 9-12) and junior high (grades 7-8). Each group meets weekly on Sunday evening. Each group enjoys several outdoor adventure trips during the year. A senior high mission trip is held every summer.
© 2013 Immanuel Presbyterian Church
is Free Software released under the GNU General Public License.